Sunday, May 14, 2006

Inerrancy of scripture?

Hi guys.

I know this is going to deeply offend some of you, but I think it's worth reading. Yesterday I asked myself if the Levitical laws are from man or God. This morning I randomly (or was it ordained?) opened my bible to Jeremiah 6 and was stunned. I did some research when I came home and found this link. Know that I don't believe that this in any way nullifies the Lordship of Christ. And it indeed provides clarity when reading His teachings. For your reference, the author refers to Jesus as "Joshua." I'm not sure how this occurred, but feel free to use your own translation of the Bible alongside these references if you don't trust the site. This page will challenge what you've always believed and may indeed bring you closer to the true God...

Did Moses write the Torah?

Please let me know your thoughts. I have not yet reached a conclusion on this matter, but it's something that's been on my mind recently and I think that God answered my prayers when he showed me Jeremiah 7:21-23. God bless you all!

update: I'm not sure what this guy's religious background is (he has a lot of strange stuff on his site), but I still think the essay is interesting and well-thought out.

2 comments:

Rach said...

Interesting stuff my friend...i'll have to read more later, but about the Joshua thing:

Joshua and Jesus are the same name....Jesus is the English translation of the Greek Translation (yesus) of the Hebrew name Yeshua, which is Joshua in English..Wow, I hope that makes sense.

Chris Shotwell said...

cool! thanks for the info Rach! As for your earlier question... I think that looking at the bible in this new way forces me to trust much more in the Holy Spirit and God's love rather than to turn to doctrines I've been taught all my life. Just in the last day I've had more sincere prayer than in the last month! I can't explain it yet because I haven't had much of a chance to think through the reasons, but I do feel that we shouldn't elevate the bible above Christ, which has been the tendency of the church for a long time!