Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Now that I know my psychological type (ENTP) I can get back to the real life! Yes, I definitely have the tendency to hyper-focus on things that interest me... or would that be obsessing?

No, I don't have OCD. I just get really excited about certain things and spend a lot of time learning about them. Probably why I'm known as the go-to guy for any number of random and seemingly unrelated facts. But somehow it all fits together. And I end up almost always having something to talk about with other intuitive type people. The more intuitive, the more we can talk about! Interesting how that works.

I never thought I'd be as outspoken as I am. But now that I'm in classes focusing on group problem solving, I'm constantly offering new ideas and critique of old ones. I love it! I know this is the nerdiest thing ever, but brainstorming has to be one of my favourite activities. And Scrabble, brain teasers, Trivial Pursuit... I love doing things that challenge my intellect. I'm not typically a competitive guy, but get me in on a game of Apples to Apples or Texas hold 'em and I will become the steamroller you never saw coming. Sports don't nearly do it. That's just for fun. Word games are life-and-death, every man for himself, quests for the ultimate glory in life.

Okay, maybe that's over-stating it. But just be careful before you invite me to play Scattergories. I take no prisoners.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yar. you are a steamrolling pirate.