Monday, May 15, 2006

The Word of God

I think that one of the reasons I started looking into these things is my belief that the Church has put more importance on the Bible than on Jesus Christ Himself! Rather than learning to turn to Christ in prayer, we're taught to go straight to the Bible to have our questions answered. And honestly, how do we know that the bible is the "inerrant word of God?"

The bible itself is explicit that Jesus is the Word of God! We've replaced Jesus with a book. No wonder we don't love Him! We're so tied up in our huge assortment of doctrines and dogmas (Calvinism or Arminianism? Creationism or evolution? Pre-millennialism or a-millennialism?) that we lose sight of the fact that Jesus died so we could have life. Let's lose the baggage and learn to trust in the true Word of God!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

your blog is p.h.a.t.

Anonymous said...

I love you for your blog. Will you have my children and then build them all websites?

Anonymous said...

I look at your site at least 7 times an hour, just so you know.

Chris Shotwell said...

lol