Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Well, I don't have anything specific to write about, but I feel like blogging all the same. We'll see what comes out of it! I generally like to blog when there's a new or exciting idea on my mind.

Oh! Here's one. This weekend is Mayday, our big retreat. I mentioned it in my last post, but I'd like to share what we're doing. The theme of the trip is "loving like Jesus would," and the goal is to have everyone on the trip (100+ people) commit to actively loving a group of people that they feel called to love. People will split up into groups and make a game plan for the next several months.

This is in addition to sermons by Pastor Aaron, a concert by Derek Webb, and a talk by Chad Thompson, author of Loving Homosexuals As Jesus Would. We're heading up to the Santa Cruz Mountains on Friday (my birthday!) and spending the weekend at Mount Hermon.

Please be praying for this important event to be the catalyst for a revolution of love that we envision it to be.

Something that we often forget is that a large number of Church revolutions and revivals have begun with people our age! Right now there seems to be a harmful notion that we as college students have no power to change the world. But God loves using the young and naive to enact huge changes! This may be just such an instance!

5 comments:

beckalippy said...

Mayday??? I am so jealous. I went to the Falliday (the first one!) and it totally encouraged me more than i could have ever imagined! And with teh whole Homosexual thing, I think it is important to remember that we, on our own, are all sinners and that all sin, even a homosexual lifestyle, is something that seperates us from a loving God. If people could see my heart of pride the way they can see the gay lifestyle, would they condemn me? Anyways, Happy Birthday! and enjoy beautiful Mount Hermon!

Rach said...

Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday dear Chriiiiiiiiiis!
Happy Birthday to yoooooooooou!

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

Chris Shotwell said...

What the heck is going on? Is someone messing?