Friday, May 05, 2006

Procrastination

For any other P personalities who might be reading this, I'd like to impart a bit of wisdom to you. Learn to procrastinate. And do it well. Your life will be fabulous.

Let me explain.

We Perceiving types tend to work best close to the deadline. The deadline energizes us and gets the creative juices flowing. If you're a P you know what I mean. Attempting to start early on a project or homework assignment is a waste of time. We end up dallying our time away trying to get started.

However, if we were to acknowledge that we're not going to actually accomplish anything by "getting ahead on a project" and simply use our time for something productive, such as hiking, socializing, drinking coffee, blogging, or inventing the latest device for mass destruction (see previous post), we'd waste much less time! I've learned this lesson and adopted the principle of Planned Procrastination. Figure out how much time you will need to accomplish your task, and devote the last possible block of time to your project.

Of course, I'm half kidding, but there is some truth in what I say. Later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»